Physical therapy is at the core of what our team does each and every day. Physical therapists (PTs) are health care professionals who treat people for muscle, bone and joint conditions that limit their ability to move and perform activities in their daily lives or in sports. Physical therapy is used to help people return to work and play after an injury, surgery, or illness.
Our sports and orthopedic physical therapists complete an initial evaluation and create a treatment program to get you back to the activities you love. Your program might include:
- Supervised and self-guided exercises to reduce pain and improve your strength, fitness, coordination, and flexibility.
- Balance and body awareness training to help you understand your body and how you move.
- Exercises that simulate day-to-day activities, helping you to learn safe movement patterns.
- Education to teach you self-care techniques and skills to improve your understanding of body mechanics.
- Strategies to increase your daily physical activity, which research shows helps to reduce risk of re-injury.
- Massage and muscle/joint manipulation.
The Institute for Athletic Medicine also offers specialized physical therapy for a wide variety of sports and orthopedic areas. We not only treat those who are injured, but also help to improve the performance and body mechanics of those who are healthy or athletic. These programs are staffed with physical therapists who have additional training and craft programs to meet each patient's unique needs.
Our team covers everything from running and throwing injuries to programs that help diabetics stay active, women during pregnancy and men recovering from prostate surgery. You will see these programs listed under the Physical Therapy heading to the left.
If you don't see a physical therapy program offered for an issue you have, the odds are our team can create one for you. Feel free to call 612-672-7100 for an appointment or fill out the form below to have one of our team members contact you directly.
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Apple Valley
- 15650 Cedar Ave. #160
- Apple Valley, MN 55124
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Blaine / National Sports Center
- 1750 105th Ave. NE
- Blaine, MN 55449
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Blaine/Fairview Sports and Orthopedic Care
- 10961 Club W. Parkway NE, Suite 200
- Blaine, MN 55449
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Bloomington
- 600 W. 98th St. #390A
- Bloomington, MN 55420-4773
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Brooklyn Park / Zane Ave
- 10000 Zane Ave. N.
- Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Burnsville
- 14101 Fairview Dr., Suite 300, Fairview Ridges Specialty Care Center
- Burnsville, MN 55337-2537
- 952-892-2650, Appointments: 612-672-7100
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Columbia Heights
- 4000 Central Ave. NE
- Columbia Heights, MN 55421
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Eagan
- 3305 Central Park Village Dr.
- Eagan, MN 55121
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Eden Prairie
- 775 Prairie Center Drive Suite 250
- Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Edina
- 6545 France Ave S.
- Edina, MN 55435
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Elk River
- North Memorial Health Plaza 800 Freeport Ave N #200
- Elk River, MN 55330
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Fridley
- 6341 University Ave. NE #104
- Fridley, MN 55432
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Golden Valley
- 8301 Golden Valley Road, Suite 202
- Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Institute of Athletic Medicine - Hugo
- 14712 Victor Hugo Blvd
- Hugo, MN 55038
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Lakeville
- 18592 Joplin Ave
- Lakeville, MN 55044
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Lino Lakes
- 7455 Village Drive
- Lino Lakes, MN 55014
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Maple Grove / Arbor Lakes
- 12000 Elm Creek Blvd N #120, Arbor Lakes Medical Office Building
- Maple Grove, MN 55369-7074
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Maple Grove
- 14500 99th Ave. N., Desk #2, University of Minnesota Health Maple Grove Clinics
- Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Minneapolis Uptown
- Lake Calhoun Center, 3033 Excelsior Blvd., #225
- Minneapolis, MN 55416
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Minneapolis / University Village
- 2525 University Ave. SE
- Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Plymouth / City Center
- Plymouth City Center Medical Bldg. 15655 37th Ave. N, #250
- Plymouth, MN 55446
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Rosemount
- 15075 Cimarron Ave., #20
- Rosemount, MN 55068-2771
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Roseville
- 1955 W. County Rd. B2
- Roseville, MN 55113
- 651- 697-1313
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - St. Anthony
- 2600 39th Ave NE #220
- Saint Anthony, MN 55421
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Highland Park
- 2155 Ford Parkway, Suite #107
- Saint Paul, MN 55116
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Savage
- 5725 Loftus Drive
- Savage, MN 55378