Performing Arts Program
The Institute for Athletic Medicine are dedicated to meeting the distinctive health care needs of artists and arts educators. From dancer to vocal musician, sculptor to instrumentalist, artists may access world-class health care and an extended network of coordinated services and options.
Our rehab team includes physical and occupational therapists, hand specialists, speech therapists and voice specialists.
Injury assessment and consultation options include:
• Complete examination and treatment of acute and chronic injuries including low-back pain, hip, knee, foot and ankle
• Dance-specific muscle imbalance assessment including flexibility and strength testing
• A biomechanical assessment including malalignment or imbalance, and other compensatory mechanisms.
• Motion analysis of dance specific movements
• Foot wear analysis and recommendations.
• Analysis of foot structure and mechanics
• Performance athlete specific exercise prescription to enhance strength and flexibility specific to the unique needs of the athlete’s discipline
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Edina
- 6545 France Ave S., Suite 450, Southdale Medical Building
- Edina, MN 55435
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Maple Grove
- 14500 99th Ave. N., Desk #2, University of Minnesota Health Maple Grove Clinics
- Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Maple Grove / Arbor Lakes
- 12000 Elm Creek Blvd N #120, Arbor Lakes Medical Office Building
- Maple Grove, MN 55369-7074
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Rosemount
- 15075 Cimarron Ave., #20
- Rosemount, MN 55068-2771
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - St. Anthony
- 2600 39th Ave NE #220
- Saint Anthony, MN 55421
- Institute for Athletic Medicine - Highland Park
- 2155 Ford Parkway, Suite #107
- Saint Paul, MN 55116